Friday, November 18, 2011

Fun, As Usual!

Mrs. Forsberg here....

On Tuesday, we had our Run/Walk Against Cancer. The turnout wasn't great, but we did earn $106 for our Relay for Life Team, and we had a great time.




We also got a new member, Brianna!!

Even though we "met" on Tuesday, the Difference Maker students still wanted to meet on our usual day (Thursday), too. I was sooooo tired!  I just wanted to go home, but I knew I couldn't, so I sucked it up. I'm very glad I did, because we had a lot of fun!

Former member Craig paid us a visit tonight. He came to help us begin writing a mission statement.  Craig explained the importance of having a mission statement and got us started on one. We worked on a mnemonic filled with characteristics of D-I-F-F-E-R-E-N-C-E Makers. Stay tuned for more on that.

I had suggested that we just "chill," order pizza, and watch a movie or something, but I should have known that Difference Makers wouldn't be interested in being lazy. Instead, they suggested we play some board games (Not being fools, they did accept the pizza offer.).  For the next hour and a half, if you walked past my room, you probably asked yourself, "What's going on in there?! Whatever they're doing, it must be fun, because I've never heard people laughing so loudly or so often!"

Here are some photo highlights of our fun with Spot It, Trigger, and Apples to Apples.



No comments:

Post a Comment